Master of Religion

This blog is about the course on the Master of Religion offered through the Universal Life Church Seminary. There are essays from those who have finished the course, as well as answers from the various lessons.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lesson Two - Universal Life Church Religon Course


Lesson 2
 
First, I will begin this statement saying that I don't argue of the words of God, but I like enlighten my education on a discussion or a debate to enhance my religious teaching and learning. I think the Ten Commandments should be left alone and taken as it replies to each religion.

To establish an arguments for a specific version of the Ten Commandments using the version you decide to make yours. I would have to say that the argumentation based on my observations is that through translation many of the commandments have been altered and further emphasized to not only provide clarity of scripture, but to provide the reader with a better knowledge of what the scriptures are telling us. Therefore, I would add, there are many discrepancies over this topic, but I prefer the Protestant version of them as opposed to the others, as they seem to be more understandable for me. However, this does not necessarily make one right or wrong in my opinion, it merely adds emphasis.

Rev. JAMES  BLAMPIED

No comments:

Post a Comment